Monday, March 9, 2009

The end of a journey?


We have Mei Mei!

Finally, after 3 plus years of waiting!

It's been a challenging trip, but as the saying goes - "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." So far, Elizabeth has been an outstanding big sister. She has altered her initial opinion about baby sister, however - she's gone from "Baby sister's the cutest baby ever!" to "Baby sister is the loudest baby ever!" She's also made some basic observations - "She's almost as pretty as I am," and "Our baby's cuter than yours,"(made to another family in our group). Never a dull moment with a 5-year-old around.

The end of a journey? Nope, just the beginning of a new one ...

4 comments:

fivekidz said...

So happy for you to now be a family of 4.I was glancing thru your blog and saw the CNY pics,very familiar!!You really are in Roch!!! I am not sure if we have met yet but hopefully at the next event.I am in Geneseo and adopted Zoe in 12-07. She will be 5 in June.When you get settled back in( if that ever really does happen LOL)contact me if you would like to talk, get together etc.Have a safe and fun trip home. Let me know if I can help you with anything... I can't promise there won't be 2 ft of snow so enjoy the balmy weather in Guangzhou... Bonnie Pontillo

Wanda said...

You don't know me but I've been following your site for a little while. We're LID March 15th 2006 so we're coming up Baby #2 too.

Congratulations, your mei mei is beautiful, just beautiful. We'll be returning with our (just turned)
6 yr old so I'm looking forward to your trip reports.

All the best to you and your family.

Wanda Malfara
www.atlastmilanascominhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Keep up the blogging. It's fun to hear about people's lives. Congrats on the baby!

The Holbrook Family said...

What an absolutely gorgeous little empress! Just thought I'd leave our congrats. We are a waiting family...and waiting, and waiting. (L.I.D. April 16, 2007-but we are not giving up!) God bless all of you!
The Holbrooks
unhiddenframe.blogspot.com