Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Not much happening ...

There's not much going on right now. We have our Visas. Our I-600A extension was approved last week and an updated I-171H is on the way (ours expired 1/31/09). We're just waiting for our TA (Travel Approval). I'm not sure why it's taking so long. I know that a few of the families that received their referrals on the same day we received ours are leaving for China in 2 days. I'm happy for them, but feeling a bit sorry for myself.

Yun Yi's 1st birthday is tomorrow. I'm hoping her nannies will take lots of pictures of her with the birthday cake we've sent. Elizabeth came up with the idea of making "Fairy Cakes" tomorrow to celebrate her baby sister's birthday. Fairy cakes are pink cupcakes sprinkled with fairy-dust (or candy sprinkles, whichever you happen to have in your cupboard). She got the idea from Charlie & Lola and tells me Fairy Cakes are a must for a successful birthday party. So, she and Dada will be busy baking while Mama works. She's going to be a great big sister ...

No comments: