Monday, May 19, 2008

Lilac Festival 2008


We went to the Lilac Festival last week and walked through the beautiful gardens at Highland Park. Although it's not my favorite festival here in Rochester (I prefer the Cornhill and Clothesline Art Festivals), it was nice to walk hand-in-hand in the sun with my daughter and watch her enjoy an Abbott's Frozen Custard. She rode on a pretty little black pony named Peanut, and fearlessly walked up on stage to dance with other children while a man named Mike played a ukulele and sang silly songs. When we got home, she drew a picture of our family with 2 of her friends alongside (all of us wearing glasses), saying that it is a picture of everything she likes. She then wrote her name very carefully along the bottom of it and we hung it on the refrigerator. That night, as we got ready for bed, I told her I loved her and then kissed the top of her head. She said, "I love you, too, Mama," then quietly added, "with all of my heart." It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

No comments: